Meet Casey K. Shimane, D.D.S.
Oral Surgeon in Castro Valley
Dr. Shimane has spent a total of nine years of post-graduate education and five years of post-doctoral education in order to treat you with the most current surgical and anesthetic techniques: Four years at Northwestern University, Chicago, obtaining a Doctoral of Dental Surgery. One year at the UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, in a Hospital Dentistry Residency. Four years of Oral and Maxillofacial surgical training at Alameda County Medical Center / Highland Hospital, Oakland.
Dr. Shimane is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Board Certified Surgeon) caring for patients in the greater Bay Area. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Shimane is also on-staff at two major trauma centers: Eden Medical Center and Highland General Hospital, where he treats patients with severe facial trauma.
Dr. Shimane is certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and is an instructor in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Dr. Shimane has completed four years of study in dental implants, has received certifications from Nobel Biocare / Branemark, one of the worlds leading authorities on dental implants, and is one of the few surgeons trained in placement of the Zygomaticus Implants.
Dr. Shimane continues to keep updated with the newest advances in oral and maxillofacial surgery and is also a provider of continuing education for all dentists in the State of California. Dr. Shimane is also a lecturer on various topics such as dental implants, oral pathology, oral surgery and provides CE units to dental colleagues in the community.
Professional membership in:
- AAOMS American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- CALAOMS California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- ABOMS-American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- ADA American Dental Association
- CDA California Dental Association
- AO Academy of Osseointegration
- SACDS Southern Alameda County Dental Society (2006 Past President, Board Member, and Castro Valley Area Director)
- Sadie Fontaine Academy – Alumni Association of Highland General Hospital Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Board member).
- Four Year Nobelbiocare Residency in Dental Implants at Alameda Medical Center
- Surgical Training in Placement of the Branemark Zygomaticus Implants
- Instructor in ACLS and BLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support) through ASHI (American Safety and Health Institute).
- Nobelguide Training program at Yorba Linda, Californiafor Computed Tomography (CT) guided implant surgery.
Our office was nominated in 2008 by KRON CHANNEL 4 with the award of”BEST OF THE BAY ORAL SURGEON, ALAMEDA COUNTY“. We are proud to provide this link to our television broadcast.
Call Castro Valley Office Phone Number Shimane Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Phone Number 510-885-8720 today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Shimane!
Recent Patient Testimonials
Staff are friendly and everything going well
Terrific doctor and staff
- Shirley C
Outstanding care by Dr.Shimane & Phuong!
- Stephanie B
Was very nervous about procedure - excellent experience!
- Jennifer S
Thx for a pleasant time!
- Chase B
Overall felt taken care of , safe and informed
- Cherie Z