有你埋伏阻生的智齿拔掉是严重的外科手术, 术后护理是非常重要! 阅读有关如何照顾你的疮口的说明, 以及如何尽量减少不必要的痛苦和并发症.
保持公司, 但温和, 已放置在你的嘴放在地方的纱布包上咬一口. 您可以删除它们后一个小时，如果出血控制. 如果手术区继续流血, 另一个地方新纱布 30 自 45 分钟.
• Rinse vigorously
• Probe the area
• Smoke (hopefully you don’t!!)
• Participate in strenuous activities
• Brush gently (but not the area)
• Begin saltwater rinses 24 手术后的小时 (mix 1 tbs of salt with 1 cup of water). Make sure to swish gently. These rinses should be done 2-3 times a day, especially after eating.
Enjoy some down-time!
Keep activity level to a minimum! Enjoy a day of couch or bed-rest, as being active could result in increased bleeding. Avoid exercise for 3-4 天, and when you do begin exercising again, keep in mind your caloric intake has been reduced so you may feel weaker.
As you’ve just had surgery, some bleeding will occur and it’s not uncommon to ooze blood for 24-48 hours after your procedure. REMEMBER-the blood you see is actually a little blood mixed with saliva, so don’t panic!
If excessive bleeding persists:
• Try repositioning the packs. They may not be putting enough pressure on the site.
• Sit upright and avoid physical activity.
• Use an ice pack and bite on gauze for one hour.
• You can also try biting on a moistened tea bag for 30 分钟 (the tannic acid in tea promotes blood clotting).
• If bleeding persists, 请致电我们办事处 510-885-8720.
不幸的是, some pain is to be expected after surgery. Try not to let the anesthetic wear off before taking your prescribed pain medication. 博士. Shimane will have discussed a plan to manage your pain, make sure you follow these instructions.
Eat nourishing food that takes little effort.
• Extremely hot foods
• Straws (for the first few days)
• Chewing (until tongue sensation has returned)
• Smaller foods that can become stuck in the socket area
• Skipping meals—while eating may seem like a lot of work, you need your nourishment to be able to heal and feel better!
Day 2 和 3 Following Surgery
Swelling is a completely normal occurrence. Keep in mind, swelling will usually be at it’s worst in the 2-3 days after surgery. You can minimize swelling by applying a cold compress (covered with a towel) firmly to the cheek next to the surgical area. Apply the pack with 20 minutes on, 和 20 minutes off for the first 24-48 小时. Also make sure to take the medication prescribed by Dr. 岛根县. This helps with pain and swelling.
Keeping your mouth clean
Keeping your mouth clean is very important! Continue saltwater rinses as often as you’d like, but at least 2-3 times a day. Begin your normal oral hygiene (remember to brush softly and don’t do anything that hurts)!
Everyone heals differently, but your timeline should look similar to this:
• Day 1-2 will be the most uncomfortable and you will experience some swelling.
• Day 3 you should be more comfortable and while still swollen, you should be able to begin a more substantial diet.
• Day 4 and on you should see a gradual and steady improvement.
Other Normal Things
• Discoloration. Bruising is a normal post-operative occurrence you may notice 2-3 days after surgery.
• Stiff jaw muscles. You may find it difficult to open your mouth wide in the days following your surgery. This is normal and usually resolves itself within a week after surgery. Stretching these muscles may help to speed up recovery.
Since no two mouths are alike, do not take advice from friends (even well-intended advice could cause a healing set-back). The advice given to you from Dr. Shimane and the Shimane Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery team are tailored to fit your needs. 请联系我们: 510-885-8720 if you have any questions or concerns about your recovery. Happy healing!